Rampage Senior Farewells: Sadie McKinney

Senior Design Editor Sadie McKinney.

High school isn’t always fun, but it’s weird because now that it’s over, I’m not thinking about everything that sometimes made it horrible. All I can think about are the friends I might never see again, the teachers I’ll never talk to again and the swim meets I’ll never swim in again. During high school, I could only think about how ready I was to get out and how much I hated every second, but now that it’s gone, I’m just thinking about all the good times and the things I am going to miss.

I encourage everyone to find something in high school. Find at least one thing you like to do, whether it’s a sport or a subject or a club. Find something to get involved in because it could change the entire high school experience. I don’t know how I would have made it through high school without Rampage. I joined the staff as a junior and wish so much I would have joined earlier. Rampage was such a welcoming class to be in and it allowed me to become friends with people I would have never met otherwise. Don’t even get me started on why Ms. Boshart is the most amazing teacher ever… She made my high school experience so much better. I have never met a teacher who cares for every one of her students the way that she does. I am so grateful for all the times she’s been there for me. Another plus about Rampage is that everyone in it has the same lunch, so if you are worried about not having anyone to sit by, just join Rampage.  

Another thing I was involved in was swimming, I swam all four years. While I will not miss swimming itself, I will miss everything else. I have an incredible group of friends from swim and I can honestly say they are the reason I kept swimming. They made every practice and meet worth going to. I can’t forget about Coach Tabor; he always pushed me to swim harder than I knew I could. I can’t even count the number of times I told him I couldn’t do something and then told me, “I knew you could do it,” after I finally did it. Something I think all high schoolers should know is that it’s okay to join a sport and just be JV. You don’t have to be great to enjoy a sport. Never let your nerves stop you from trying a new thing. You may not continue it in college but it could turn out to be the best part of high school. I’m not saying to join just to mess around; try your best, but just have fun and don’t worry about being the best person there. 

Everyone says it and no one believes it, but these four years are going to fly by especially if corona comes and takes away the last two months. I never thought I would say that I miss high school, but the 2020 seniors got our final moments taken away. We don’t get to say goodbye, we don’t get a graduation, we technically aren’t even finishing high school. It’s a bummer, but at the end of the day this is just four years of our lives. These four year won’t be important in a couple years, for some of us a couple months. 

It’s easy to think that high school will never end and the problems you’re having now will never stop, but one day you’re going to walk out the doors for the last time and never talk to or see most of people ever again. So don’t take everything so seriously, don’t get involved in drama, do enough of your home work to get good grades. It will be over before you know it. 

Forever thankful to be a Ram, yeehaw!