What is FCA?

FCA members. Photo courtesy Lauren Simpson.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) is a student run non-profit organization for all students. The Southeast Polk chapter meets at LCC Cross Creek.

“Although the club was started for college athletes, in high school any students are welcome to participate in FCA, not only athletes,” said teacher and adult FCA leader Natalie Carroll.

Although FCA was created for athletes, they welcome all high school students at SEP to come, since the goal of the program is to provide fellowship for students at high schools across the nation.

“It’s a great chance to meet new people, connect, have fellowship, and learn more about Jesus and how to use him in our school,” said sophomore Zoe Hinze.

Every other Monday, FCA holds a huddle, where they provide a message, games, small groups, and snacks.

“The club is student-led. Each spring students who attend FCA can apply to be on the Leadership Team for the following school year. Then the Leadership Team meets to plan and run the large group huddles for their peers,” said Carroll.

FCA encourages freshmen or any first-year students to the club to attend huddles their first year, and join the leadership team their second year if they are interested.

“You get to meet a lot of new people and get to help understand and lead and find fellowship with young leaders and not just the teachers,” said Hinze.

FCA offers a space and time for people to meet learn and grow. To get involved you can follow them on social medias and check out their bulletin board on the first floor!